Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowpocalypse 2011

New England isn't kidding around with these Nor'easters!  Before moving out here, I was under the impression that the "Nor'easter" was a dramatic but rare occurrence.  True, I was basing pretty much all of my knowledge of this weather phenomenon on what I saw in The Perfect Storm but, George Clooney wouldn't mislead me would he?  I'd like to think not. Mostly because he's just so good looking. But, I digress...

So, yes, today another apparently not so uncommon Nor'easter came through New England and left behind over 18" of snow!  It was actually very pretty and since most of Boston was shut down, I was able to just sit at home and enjoy a good old fashioned snow day.  Which meant blueberry pancakes, corduroys, fuzzy slippers (again!), roasting veggies, sewing and reading a good book. All in all, a pretty great day.  Hope you all stayed cozy and warm too!

Watch a great timelapse video of the storm here.






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Sounds like a great way to spend a snow day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from each and everyone of you :)