Saturday, January 29, 2011

I love donuts

I do, I really really really do.  For two years, I lived around the corner from Joe's Bakery in Lawrence KS and the intoxicating smell of fresh donuts would waft through the windows.  Oh those were good days.  Dangerously good.

Dunkin Donuts is pretty much king around Boston, so a field trip out of town for an extra special donut was in order.  Kane's Donuts in Saugus did not disappoint!  I had one of their signature honey dipped donuts and maaayyy have taken a Maine blueberry and a lemon filled (powdered, ofcourse) to go.  It's a small place with an old school feel to it and I loved it. Being there totally reminded me of going to get donuts with my Dad as a kid.  Boy, my Dad really really loved donuts.  I guess it runs in the family.


In other news, it's been snowing.  A LOT.

1 comment:

  1. wow, those look so good!!! glad you can still make a road trip with all the snow you have had. looks like we are about to get blasted in about a day! trying to get all my running around done tomorrow. hope it does not come to you next, you guys have had enough. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from each and everyone of you :)