Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I heart carbs

I LOVE bread.  Really, I blame it on my parents for getting me hooked, growing up there was always fresh bread in the house.  If my mom hadn't baked it, then my Dad had bought it from the grocery store bakery. Every day there was bread.  And we ate it with everything.  Pot roast and mashed potatoes?  Bread.  Roasted chicken and baked potatoes?  Bread.  Bread, bread, bread, bread bread.

One of my favorite vendors at the Arlington Farmers Market is Mamadou Bakery.  The Mamadou folks are absolutely lovely and the bread is incredible.  My favorite creation: Cranberry walnut bread, peppered goat cheese, sliced apples and fresh arugula.  Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. Omg - that bread looks like what I need right now. I love cranberry walnut bread. And with arugula and goat cheese...yes yes yes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from each and everyone of you :)